• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&T Trac bar question

TwistedSymphony

NAXJA Forum User
I just recieved my trac-bar, and it appears that the bar is welded onto the joint on the frame side at a small angle...i.e. not straight. The angle would be pointing the bar towards the axle a little. I cant locate my camera at this moment...but is this little quirk supposed to be there?

Thanks!

Yes.
Should look like this.
100_2912.jpg

The TNT frame bracket not only drops the mounting point but also moves it forward a little bit.

Hale

Yes, that is correct.

Like I said, the bracket moves the actual mounting point of the trackbar forward. (mounting point of the TB to the bracket, not the bracket to the frame)That lil' offset is to keep the joint from binding sooner than it should and makes up the difference for it being moved forward. It is supposed to be like that.
:thumbup:

Hale

TwistedSymphony said:
Ok. I miss understood your post...I thought you were refering to the bend on the axle side.

Thanks for the help Hale!

No problem, that's why we're all here.

You're gonna love that trackbar.

Hale

Well it turns out that this thing is WAY too long. I must have been shipped the 7+ because I ordered the 5"-7" trac-bar (I have 6.5). The axle is out of spec by 1.5" I'll call on monday and see what they can do.

Hopefully shipping wont kill me...but I need it before Aug 11th.

Well I took some measurments, and my actual lift is 6.25". When the axle is centered and using the T&T bracket...I need a tracbar length of 33.25". The tracbar that I have is 34.25" at its SHORTEST length.

I believe that I was shipped the 7"+ instead of the 5"-7" bar. Anyone else think this is the problem?

I've sent T&T an email, and I havent heard back. I didnt expect to, because it is the weekend. I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully we will get this resolved. :)

Well I called them today, and here is what they said....

Basicaly, since I have 6.5" coils that ACTUALLY measure 6.5"...the tracbar wouldnt fit. The reason behind this is that new coils always give a higher than advertized lift, so a 6.5" coil would be more like 7.5"...so they compensate for this by making the tracbar longer than it should be. To me this sounds a little wack.

So to correct this, they said that I could get a 3/4 inch spacer, or have the bar shortened an inch. I opted to have it shortened an inch because I'm still on short arms, and I didnt want another inch of lift in the front. I called around and it seemed that getting it shortened was going to be a nightmare. Luckily I found a guy 5 mins from my house who did it for $10.

T&T was helpful on the phone, but I think they could have done a teenie weenie bit more...................like make the tracbar for the CORRECT length...or state on their web site that they do this to AVOID this problem for people who actually have the ADVERTIZED lift.

Overall, I'm happy with the tracbar now that it has been shortened.....but I'm disappointed that I had to have it shortened in the first place.

Back