• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW GUY here + need some assistance!

Akira

NAXJA Forum User
Hey whats up all!!!

I just joined this forum, I been a member of Jeepsunlimited forum for a while and one member suggested I join this one!!!!
So just wanted to introduce myself to all!!!=)

By, the way anyone willing to HELP OUT on installing a RE 5.5 6200 kit in the near future??? I'm located in Bellevue, I'll supply the beer and food....

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME? Let me know!!

Thanks,
Chris

Well, I'm a bit far to help ya (hehe) but WELCOME TO NAXJA! Great group here, very respectable and giving. My Jeep build would have taken 5 times longer if not more had these guys not stepped up and helped when needed! Good luck on that lift! Post pics when that bad boy's done!

just give a heads up, I had "fun" doing mine.

4SURE!!! It's a 1992 Laredo, 4 door 5 speed.

My plans

1st. 5.5 RE 6200 kit
2nd . Rear Dana 44
3rd. 35'sx12.50 baja claw - with some locking wheels (Not sure yet)
4th. Gearing most likely 4.88's
5th. Bushwacker FF
6th. Exhaust, but not sure so could use some good advice on what both preforms good and sounds good! (DEEP and MEATY) you guys know bout it!ha

7th. KICKING ASS & TAKIN" NAMES

Hey i have the same lift! I think, is that the short arm or the long arm, i have the short arm! I had Central 4WD install cuz i didn't have the proper tools and i didnt want to mess with the driveline and SYE. Looking at mine it doesn't look too hard. Im not an expert but im willing to help!

Akira said:
4SURE!!! It's a 1992 Laredo, 4 door 5 speed.

My plans

1st. 5.5 RE 6200 kit
2nd . Rear Dana 44
3rd. 35'sx12.50 baja claw - with some locking wheels (Not sure yet)
4th. Gearing most likely 4.88's
5th. Bushwacker FF
6th. Exhaust, but not sure so could use some good advice on what both preforms good and sounds good! (DEEP and MEATY) you guys know bout it!ha

7th. KICKING ASS & TAKIN" NAMES

2 is gonna be hard to find
3 is going to get you crap (most people around here don't like the claw)
5 will get you more crap than 3
6 flomaster 40 (da ladeez love it)

Rock on with the 5sp

Right on WaXJ_Skier! Is that the same lift you have??? If not, no worries and if so ROCK ON!! My mechanical skills are decent. I try to do things myself with out paying some guy 80 bucks to do it for me! What kind of real man does that anyhow????ha

HA lol!!!! Damn!! So I guess your tellin me... If I go with my original plans I'm pretty much going to look like a DOUCHE BAG!!!!!!ha And we cant have the ladies be thinkin that!!!! NO SIR!!! Exhaust, you think there would be any sound bits on you tube???

Akira said:
Right on WaXJ_Skier! Is that the same lift you have??? If not, no worries and if so ROCK ON!! My mechanical skills are decent. I try to do things myself with out paying some guy 80 bucks to do it for me! What kind of real man does that anyhow????ha

I'm a n00b that uses my resources and learns from other peoples mistakes. I don't have an RE lift, mine is an OME.

Akira said:
HA lol!!!! Damn!! So I guess your tellin me... If I go with my original plans I'm pretty much going to look like a DOUCHE BAG!!!!!!ha And we cant have the ladies be thinkin that!!!! NO SIR!!! Exhaust, you think there would be any sound bits on you tube???

search flomaster 40 and jeep and youll have an infinite number of videos to look @

RubiconKid, yea its the Short arms!! The RE 6300 kit has the Long arms! Yea man, I'm greatful for whatever help I can get! Just dont try and jack me huh!haha I'm thinkin in the next two weeks if thats good with you guys?
Let me know!

thanks,
Chris

Skier,
how is that OME working for you! i was talking to Dirk from DPG.com and he's got a fairly new hybird kit that includes OME springs and parts from RE, I believe the best from both worlds!!! I would of totally gone for that lift kit but, its a bit pricy!!!

RubiconKid95 said:
Hey! I just put mine on, although i can see why no one would help me with em, what a pain in the ass those things where! Yeah i just hope they don't fall off!

HA, do they look good?

RubiconKid95 said:
Hey! I just put mine on, although i can see why no one would help me with em, what a pain in the ass those things where! Yeah i just hope they don't fall off!

They won't fall off.... You'll knock them off. :jester:

RubiconKid95 said:
i just hope they don't fall off!

theres a reason I haven't even bothered putting flares on yet

Akira said:
Skier,
how is that OME working for you! i was talking to Dirk from DPG.com and he's got a fairly new hybird kit that includes OME springs and parts from RE, I believe the best from both worlds!!! I would of totally gone for that lift kit but, its a bit pricy!!!

I love my OME springs they freaking rock. I just wish I had been able to test them last weekend on the RTI ramp.

Akira said:
HA, do they look good?
Yeah, i mean i think so, i don't know what other people think. But i dont know i mean it looks cool and its street legal but i had a hard time going up the RTI ramp at the BBQ cuz i couldn't see my tires, i needed a spotter and everyone tells me they get ripped off easily. There are some pix on BBQ thread!

WaXJ_Skier said:
I love my OME springs they freaking rock. I just wish I had been able to test them last weekend on the RTI ramp.

Gotyea, right on! I just heard a few sound clips of that flomaster 40 sounds deep! Did you ever notice any performance improvement?

Back