• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x13.5R15 tire choosing?

TortureTested

NAXJA Forum User
33x13.5R15 is the size im getting but am having a hard time finding it to be affordable. I really want the bias baja claws BAD but am not sure if running a bias tire on the roads is a good idea? I can get those for $205 at quadratec. Next choice would be the toyo open countrys but there a few bucks more. Next is the nitto mud grappler which is sweet but is even more money. Next there is the BFGoodrich mud terrains for like a cool $160 but i have em now and i need em more agressive then that. Anyones advice would be great

ltbs come in that size and are by far the cheapest. Great offroad, wont last forever on road. I have some ltbs on beadlocks for offroad and some street tires.

I've had about every tire ever made, it seems, so far i have decided that you can't beat a BFG. Rides smooth and quiet yet have never let me down off the road. The wear properly also and last forever compared to other mud tires if properly rotated.

The BFG MT is a great all around tire but has a crappy sidewall IMO. I have cut two of them..thank god for road hazzard warranty :D.

To the guy running the E rated tire. I am sure the sidewalls are tough as E-rated tires are what goes on one tons etc lol. If your running them on an XJ you probably don't even need air in them.

The BFG MUD is a awesome tire on and off road. I too have run most but stick with BFG's or TSL's ( they are all most unstopable but dont last long).

Zuki-Ron said:
You won't find anything "affordable" in a new tire in a 33X12.5X15.

5 Maxxis Bighorns shipped was ~$650. That's $130/tire.

If a guy could find them local and not have to pay shipping, that would be cheap for a set of 33's. Now those were 12.50's though, not 13.50's.

Hale

No BFGoodrich tires here. I have the mudders now and i need more agressive. Its either the bias baja claw, the toyo open country m/t, or the nitto mud grapplers. Im getting one out of those 3 so hit me up with some more personel opinions on just those. Basicaly which one would you run and why???

Why the 13.50 size?

I have had both Claws and BFG Mud Terrains. IMO the Claws are not an upgrade, they are no better or worse than the BFG tire. If anything they are worse as my steering is much better in slippery shit with the BFG. Climbing rocks and steep loose climbs they are even more or less. The Claws do have a shitload better sidewall strength though. If I had claws again i would rotate them every 1000 miles to keep them from cupping lol. I have 20K on my BFG mts now and I have at least another 30K in them if I don't keep cutting sidewalls. At this rate they will last forever with the warranty on them :D.

i've heard bad things about the claw.

what about mtrs?

I think they would be a great tire if you have a F350 lifted 10 inches that you never take offroad.

Back