• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cold air to snorkel

xjkid08

NAXJA Forum User
ok i am running a cold air intake on my 91 xj and i want to snorkel it with the safari snorkel. well i just snapped that i dont have an airbox. wat do i do? can i buy one from arb or just go to a junk yard and find a stock 1?

I used a canister from a Land Rover Defender 90. I got it from Remi (Ketjar on here). It's a pretty big filter still, it's a closed air box, and I used some hoses from PepBoys to connect the snorkel to the D90 airbox and it worked pretty well. I sealed the edges with silicone, and it's worked well so far. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow.

that being said, good luck finding a D90 airbox. Sorry, hope that helps.

Chris

Intense Performance Filters makes a cone style filter/canister that is made for snorkels. Also check out DPG Offroad for the Airflow Snorkels. They are about the same price as an ARB. The Airflows mount higher on the fender and seem to have less bends in the intake hose. You could also pull and old box out off and XJ or MJ at the junk yard and modifiy it to meet your needs. Good luck.

Back