• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fan eating my radiator!!??!!

hey guys, i have been lurking arround for a while and lastnight i had big issues. i was up night wheelin,as me and my friends offten do, when i got out to check my clearence for the next obstical when i noticed a steady stream of coolent driping out of the radiator!! :shocked:. poped th hood and looked down to see a gnarly chunk out of the radiator. besides an electric fan, how would i go abouts fixing this problem. thanks for your help, glendon.

Check the motor mounts maybe? That could send stuff in the wrong direction. Usually drivers side goes out first. Unless, of course, your radiator moves, which seems unlikely considering how they mount.

when my tranny mount let go on a hard uphill blast it tilted the whole drive train forward, and my fan clutch attempted to bore a hole through the radiator. check that mount....

mine just did this.

i changed the motor and trans mounts. one failing leads to the other.

mine happened very soon after i put in my brown dog motor mounts....those super-stout mounts coupled with an ancient trans mount spelled d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r.

Back