• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lights

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
wondering how most of you mount your offroad lights and what not.

I have the factory racks, can i just attach 4 lights to this, drill through or what not, or what do you suggest.

nasty mudding in the dark w/ just headlights, not fun at all

Headlight upgrade...mount lights to front bumper, aftermarket rack. Factory crossmember is probly too weak, wouldn't go there...

Here's mine, notice i put 4 lo-pro lights under the factory rack too

_MG_8298.jpg

oo7ravisXJ said:
Here's mine, notice i put 4 lo-pro lights under the factory rack too

_MG_8298.jpg

I've never seen it done that way before. It looks clean... I've got a set of lights just like on the front of yours on the front of mine. They are bright as hell... Along with 6 KC daylighters on the roof rack(4 front and 2 out the back) and the Factory headlights and 6 rock lights. It really lights up the night.

stxcherokee said:
wondering how most of you mount your offroad lights and what not.

I have the factory racks, can i just attach 4 lights to this, drill through or what not, or what do you suggest.

nasty mudding in the dark w/ just headlights, not fun at all

Got 4 of the Harbor Freight el cheapo lights on the factory crossmember of the roof rack for about 6 months with no problems so far. They do wiggle a bit at 60+ MPH, but with mudders, I can't hear the rattling over the tires...

i mounted them everywhere... you dont have a rack though. but bumpers are good, i debated drilling the factory rack before i got mine. plus if you dont like it you can take them off easily, and get factory racks from a picknpull, or find some guy (like me) who has them laying around from before the rack.

I have lights everywhere. LOL I have Silverstar headlights and some Hella 500 look alikes I found at Pepboys, there are made by Pilot.
1631.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture006.jpg

yeas the factory bars work, but not well. get a blank piece of angle and some gutter mounts and make a bar. this is what mine looks like

Back