• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Trak Bar brace

ChEwBaCcA

NAXJA Forum User
Just got this delivered to my office via UPS.... Anyone running one of these? How did it hook up?

I was assuming one side would mount to the bottom of the trak bar where there is the 2 bolts. The other side, I figured would go to the skid plate mounts or frame rail of the other side.
The thing that is strange is one mount is horizontal to ground...makes sense for the trak bar hook up... but the other side is vertical to the ground? I dont recall from memory anything on the other side as a mounting point vertical to ground on the pass side of the rig.

Of course later after work i will be able to take look on the rig...and it will probally make sense... there was no directions just an assortment of 4 bolts , 3 of one size , 1 a lil longer and a bunch of washers....and no directions ;-)

Anyone?

Regards
Chewy

What, do you think that thing is just going to bolt to the bottom of your frame and all is well :rolleyes: Get off your ass and go look at your junk before posting junk like this noob :firedevil

Sean

dude im going to cry,

I figured I would get this response.... man.

I cant go and do that till after 5pm , im locked up in my cage

Geez
Chewy

No love here...so I will help u...
IIRC-
The angle looking thing get welded to the round tube like thing, right next to the thing that looks like a half semi-circle. The bolts and nuts are used to join things to each other, just out them together and toss them in the frame hole near the engine.

"Streetlocks" - Noun - imatation "beadlock" wheels used on poser rigs to foul the gullable public (see "Walking Dead") into thinking the rig wearing them is a hardcore rock crawler.

Rev

(No offense ment Neil)

Last edited:
OneTonXJ said:
What, do you think that thing is just going to bolt to the bottom of your frame and all is well :rolleyes: Get off your ass and go look at your junk before posting junk like this noob :firedevil

Sean

Dont be such a pompous ass! He was just looking for a heads up, and he's probably bored as hell, at least he had a semi inteligent post, unlike yours...

Speed_racer said:
Dont be such a pompous ass! He was just looking for a heads up, and he's probably bored as hell, at least he had a semi inteligent post, unlike yours...

There was no pomposity in OneTon's post. He's not a pompous ass. He's cool!

BTW Speedy, you spelled intelligent wrong. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

Flowers

There is a hole to mount the brace on the pass frame rail right below the starter, or just a little foward of it. At least that is where Rusty's Trac Bar Brace goes on mine. Should help. Just a couple of holes back from the sway bar bushings/mount. Juice

The holes on the pass side frame rail are where the RHD XJ's mount their track bar. Two nice holes all ready for you. I have the older RE track bar mount and had to remove mine to drill two mounting holes on the vertical plane. I built my own brace and it is a great investment. Last year at moab, someone pointed out to me when I turned my wheel L & R, the trackbar mount was moving like crazy. I am sure that the "frame" rail was fatigued. I welded up a bunch or plate on the outside of the frame rail and now everything is rock solid.

One Ton is just a big meany.

SeanP

Sean P , I got the same problem going on......

Ya I will get the info on the part number..... RE took it off their website...removed all pictures of it and the part # is hard to get. Sounds to me RE doesnt want to admit the "drop" trak bar was a bad idea...

I will grab the number after lunch

Thanks all
Chewy

I got one of those when they first came out. Unfotunately they goofed when they produced them and it didn't fit so I returned it. They were none too pleased whan they found out they had to rebend a whole pallet full of these things! :D
Anyway, I ended up making my own...
picture.JPG

Jes

And for the noobs around here, Chewy, OneTon, SeanP, and I all know eachother so we're allowed to give eachother $hit. ;)

i have a large weiner

Geez I figured Beezil would have got in for some free licks by now!

He must be busy yelling @ his mom about the weld shes been laying!

Chewy

Since I don't know the boy I wasn't even going to touch the streetlocks thread, I'd get way to rude for something like that.

Speedy, I give tech where tech is due. Chewy deserves no tech, especially after poopin' on Beez's back porch last night.

Back