• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

intermitten no start/stall

Durangoman47

NAXJA Forum User
Last weekend a group of us went wheelin at Rausch and ran a few trails and I shut off my jeep. Walked away and came back about 15mins later. Crank but no start. So I had Fuel and No Spark. Check the relays and switch them around and She fired it up once I switch the ASD relay. All the relays were VERY Hot...So cool I'm running so I figured I'd let her run all day and not take a chance of dying on the trail again. So I ran her another 3 hours and as we were pullin it to the lunch area she stalled. Switched relays, nothing, got fuel still, no spark...She sat for 1 hour and still wouldnt....So I gave up....Started to push it down the hill next to us on the trail back to camp and half way down the hill(automatic) she fired up! Drove her out and on the trailer where she wouldnt start again the rest of the trip. So my question is, has anyone had this issue? I'm leaning toward the Crank Sensor or the Ign Coil.

Whats yalls Thoughts?
Thanks!
Rick

Back