• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift help

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Ok, i just found a rubicon express 3.5" lift kit for sale close to my house. It has got 3.5" coils, full spring packs, and ss brake lines. They said that it would fit a 96-01. I thought that all the xj lifts would fit from 84-01. I guess i am just asking if this would fit my 91 xj or not.

Also if i do get this, Can i add my 1.5" spacers and shackles to it. I know that i will have to get atleast lower arms and a transfer drop. But what else would i need. I am trying to do this on a budget.

Thanks,
Ben

if you go over 3.5 you'll need an SYE which can be a little pricey.

On an '91, he probably will not need an SYE.

The 3.5" kit should have lower arms already, if its a rubicon express kit.

You will need to add an adjustable trackbar, front stainless steel lines (it only comes with a rear), rear shackles if you want to use a spacer, and probably a YJ slipyoke, and probably upper control arms.

The sway bar links are different between the two kits too. The RE6030 uses the RE1140 short discos. The RE6130 uses the RE1141 medium length discos.

Eric.

Thanks all for the quick response. The kit doesn't come with lower arms. Just coils and spring packs. I can get those and add my spacers and shackles along with a new trackbar, front brake lines, and lower arms. Right?

Jeepguy91 said:
Thanks all for the quick response. The kit doesn't come with lower arms. Just coils and spring packs. I can get those and add my spacers and shackles along with a new trackbar, front brake lines, and lower arms. Right?

You will want to add upper arms too. Look at the RE kits, the 3.5" kit comes with lower arms (why isnt the guy selling those too?), the 4.5" kit comes with lower and upper arms.

The arms are there for a reason. :)

You dont have to pony up for SS brake lines, you can use YJ brake lines...

Back