• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diamond Plate Body Armour for an XJ?

SurfXJSnow

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for someone that has experience with DiamondPlate steel to fabricate some pieces for my XJ. I have looked online and have found NOTHING but a bunch of sweet diamond plate accessories for the Wrangler... ehh.

So what im looking for is a rocker panel guard for each side... In black powdercoated diamondplate... then diamondplate armor for all of the body paint UNDER the door bumpers (above where the rocker panel is) I was thinking about having it coated with ryno lining but figured it would collect mud and dirt... Any ideas?

I think I have read that a lot of guys don't like to mess with diamond plating due to the contours needed in rocker panels and lower doors.

I have done this. Here's where you can see how they fit-- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249916&highlight=diamond+plate+dodge To get the bottom tighter, use some 1/2" self-tapping screws and don't forget to put some silicone around the perimeter of the bed caps.

EDIT: By the way, these are aluminum, so they're really just cosmetic. If you want steel diamond plate of a thickness that would actually provide real protection, that'll cost you a small fortune. These cost me ~$45 with tax.

i dont know if anyone makes them but go to a fab shop and have them madeif thats what you really want..
my first start would be stopping by my local trailer manufacturer since he stocks diamond plate(steel) then i would either try and roll it my self or contact someone locally to bend it for me..
my trailer manufacturer has someone that does the fab work for him( the guy has a cnc plasma and a cnc brake) so that would be my 2nd route, but for the cost i would go out get some sliders for the rockers. the sliders might even have more strength..
i plan on buying the sliders that are extended out to protect the sides of the jeep.

Back