• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skid Plate Question

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
Yes I searched...didn't see what I was looking for.

I'm in the market for some type of front skid plate. Not lookin to do a whole lot of serious wheelin, just need something to help protect the alternator from being dunked every time I hit a decent puddle or mudhole.

By looking on allchryslerparts.com, it appears as if I can get the factory one for like $8 plus shipping....which doesn't sound right.

Does anybody have any other suggestions as to other brands? Not looking to spend serious $$$ here, like I said it's just going to mainly be a splash guard type deal.

Thanks in advance.

The factory front skid is not useless junk, it is a good quality skid. When Chrysler wants to clear out old inventory they reduce the prices lower and lower until the item is sold out. Rusty's has a similar style front skid.

I have a factory front skid from a junkyard jewel on mine. I like it just fine and it keeps all kinds of crud from bouncing up in the engine compartment.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Yes I searched...didn't see what I was looking for.

I'm in the market for some type of front skid plate. Not lookin to do a whole lot of serious wheelin, just need something to help protect the alternator from being dunked every time I hit a decent puddle or mudhole.

By looking on allchryslerparts.com, it appears as if I can get the factory one for like $8 plus shipping....which doesn't sound right.

Does anybody have any other suggestions as to other brands? Not looking to spend serious $$$ here, like I said it's just going to mainly be a splash guard type deal.

Thanks in advance.

Thought about buying one from them but don't know what to think about their shipping price to be determined when shipped. You could really get hosed in that situation.

dellstopjeep said:
i went and looked for that skid and cant find it, do you have the link to it?
thanks
Try www.allchryslerparts.com
I saw this and decided to give the shipping a go.
Part was $8.05 for the front skid plate under Body/suspension/front

Sounds worth it. I paid $10 for one at the junkyard.

IslanderOffRoad said:
Sounds worth it. I paid $10 for one at the junkyard.
When I find the shipping cost I will post it on this thread. So fat it is still To Be Determined. Whatever that means.

I have the factory skid I bought off someone on here. It is a pretty beefy skid. It also does a good job as a splash guard. I sprayed it with some truck bed liner so if i do hit it on something I can do an easy touch up.

IMG_1643.jpg

Last edited:
let us know shipping definitily cuz i will take one for both my jeeps since it saves hassle in trying to hunt one down like im still doing.

Replace the rubber mat/splash guard that was under the motor.

mikeforte said:
When I find the shipping cost I will post it on this thread. So fat it is still To Be Determined. Whatever that means.
Told everyone I would post about shipping and I now have some bad news. Shipping is free because the part is no longer available. The online computer still lists it but the customer service department says it is discontinued and is not being produced. We are therefor out of luck.

mikeforte said:
Told everyone I would post about shipping and I now have some bad news. Shipping is free because the part is no longer available. The online computer still lists it but the customer service department says it is discontinued and is not being produced. We are therefor out of luck.
Well then, they should uhhhh....ohh I don't know....take it out of the freakin computer system perhaps?

And yeah, they're shipping isn't exactly cool. I ordered a new latch for my center console from them cause they had the cheapest price by far....shipping came out to be over half of what the damn part cost. Had I known that, I would have kept shopping.

The OEM skid does look pretty solid though...and like I said i'm really only looking for it to be a way to keep crap out of the engine

After reading this thread I got curious. I called the local dealership just for kicks.

$7

Don't know if I'll use it but, I got one just for the heck of it.:D

Hale

Haleyes said:
After reading this thread I got curious. I called the local dealership just for kicks.

$7

Don't know if I'll use it but, I got one just for the heck of it.:D

Hale

Lucky...I called up my local dealership and they said since they were discountinued almost everyone is out of them.

RacecaR said:
Lucky...I called up my local dealership and they said since they were discountinued almost everyone is out of them.

I see that's your first post.

Welcome to NAXJA!
:wave:

Hale

RacecaR said:
Thought I posted that it discontinued. Why don't you guys read the post before wasting your time calling the fawking Stealers.

mikeforte said:
Thought I posted that it discontinued. Why don't you guys read the post before wasting your time calling the fawking Stealers.

Why don't you read my post that says I got one for $7........from a dealer?

:banghead:

Hale

Back