• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'm at 8 and wanna go bigger

southernxj4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 xj with 8 Inches on it. I'm runnin on 35 procomp mt's with stock axles. i wanna go up to 9.5 but keep the 35's what would i have to change or modify, and would it be worth it

southernxj4x4 said:
I have a 96 xj with 8 Inches on it. I'm runnin on 35 procomp mt's with stock axles. i wanna go up to 9.5 but keep the 35's what would i have to change or modify, and would it be worth it
why do oyu want to go any higher? i see no need to go any higher than 8, whats your current suspention setup?

I'm runnin on adjustable short arms right now but soon to convert to a long arm with or without the 9.5 and if i went to a bigger tire size right now then i would have to do an expesive axle swap

My question would be like everyone elses, why do you want to lift that much? Your COG is gonna be dismal and it is just asking for major steering and driveline issues.

o boy another 8 inch short arms death argument. why the hell do you need 9.5 inches are you running 44 inch boggers or something! you can run 35s on a 4.5 inch lift. and by stock axles do you mean dana 35 (ahh)?!?!

go down to like 5.5 or six inches or even 4.5 and trim.

You gonna mud this thing? Then go as big as you can and get some rockwells and 44s. Now that is something you can appriciate.

You REALLY dont need 9.5 inches of lift with 35s....you dont need 8 inches for 35s. Why dont you tell us what kind of axles your running, and what kind of wheeling you do.

dont rip on em, do you drive on any public roads? if so which ones so i can stay the hell off of them. SEARCH. READ. THINK, think very hard about what you are saying.
some pics please.:)

Possible tardfest competitor. Evidence taken from his bio:

Exhibit A- "im a young 16 years old, live in a small city of cumming, and love jus beign outside"

Exhibit B- "i love fishing, being with my friends, and nothing sooths like a cold beer"

Exhibit C- "Occupation: stocker"---I think he meant stalker.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:

Exhibit A- "im a young 16 years old, live in a small city of cumming, and love jus beign outside"

Exhibit B- "i love fishing, being with my friends, and nothing sooths like a cold beer"

-----Matt-----

reminds me of this:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=917681
and the deleted thread that lead up to it.

IXNAYXJ said:

-----Matt-----
That is some funny chit!!

I think now he might get the point here. My younger bro started this thread and ive been trying to convince him not to go any taller. This should give him a little more insight into what hes getting in to. BTW, hes running an 8.25 (29spl) w/ 30 front, stock gears, open diffs, RE 5.5 kit w/ acos and blocks to make it about 7.5", extreme drop pitman. Ive explained all the issues with going taller... COG, drivline, and steering, axle width, but he wouldnt listen to me... Guess you gotta hear it from more than just your big bro at that age. Ive suggested him either investing in a long arms setup, or regearing the axle. I try to preach how important it is to keep it street worthy if hes going to keep it his daily driver. Maybe he'll have a different viewpoint after he reads this.

Back