• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to lift front 1"

yeah but later on I dont want to have buy a new HUGE coil, like a 5.5" coil lift.

Id rather have 1" now, then just add the 4.5" later.

Know of any good coil spacer?

start small and learn a little more. if you jump straight to 33's, you'll start running into alot of problems. NOT counting what it would take to clear the tires, you'll have to regear for 33's tires, otherwise the jeep will feel slugish and underpowered, but you will put ALOT of stress on the tranny and possibly fry it. (ask me how i know.)

i say stick with your 1" budget boost for now and get a set of 30's. stick around on the forum, and by the time you wear the 30's down to the point of replacing them, you'll have learned alot more and have a better feel for what you wanna do.

scorpio_vette said:
start small and learn a little more. if you jump straight to 33's, you'll start running into alot of problems. NOT counting what it would take to clear the tires, you'll have to regear for 33's tires, otherwise the jeep will feel slugish and underpowered, but you will put ALOT of stress on the tranny and possibly fry it. (ask me how i know.)

i say stick with your 1" budget boost for now and get a set of 30's. stick around on the forum, and by the time you wear the 30's down to the point of replacing them, you'll have learned alot more and have a better feel for what you wanna do.

Alot of people in the club run 33s and 4.5" without SYE, gears, and some have lockers in there D35s too.

I would take his advice bro. Spend some money on rocker rails and such! =). But if you really do want 33s, I jumped straight into 33x12.50s, and I love them. Yeeeah.. I wish I had lower gears, and yeaaaaah.. i can imagine problmes arising =(. Bottom line, money spent on armor is solid money spent.

i didn't say you can not do it. i said there is more to just "putting 33's on".

i also have 33's, but i also have my whole lift and everything else done. but i've also fried 2 trannies already because i'm running the stock gearing and wheeling the shit out of the 33's. (and yes the tranny was fine, the lines were not restricted, and the tranny cooling system was MORE than adequate. and i still fried the tranny. but i got the 33's for free and didn't have money for any other tires at the time. sucks for me)

all i'm saying is that he should learn the "better option" of how to build your jeep up properly. which would be the 1" budget boost, 30's and reading the forum and wheeling as much as he can until his 30's wear out. by then he'll have a better understanding and idea of what he wants to do as far as lift,gears,tires, etc..

Tenament said:
I would take his advice bro. Spend some money on rocker rails and such! =). But if you really do want 33s, I jumped straight into 33x12.50s, and I love them. Yeeeah.. I wish I had lower gears, and yeaaaaah.. i can imagine problmes arising =(. Bottom line, money spent on armor is solid money spent.

Dont worry my first mod is a front bumper and rock rails!

:conceited

scorpio_vette said:
i didn't say you can not do it. i said there is more to just "putting 33's on".

i also have 33's, but i also have my whole lift and everything else done. but i've also fried 2 trannies already because i'm running the stock gearing and wheeling the shit out of the 33's. (and yes the tranny was fine, the lines were not restricted, and the tranny cooling system was MORE than adequate. and i still fried the tranny. but i got the 33's for free and didn't have money for any other tires at the time. sucks for me)

all i'm saying is that he should learn the "better option" of how to build your jeep up properly. which would be the 1" budget boost, 30's and reading the forum and wheeling as much as he can until his 30's wear out. by then he'll have a better understanding and idea of what he wants to do as far as lift,gears,tires, etc..

Ill put gears on it before I go more then a day wheelin trip.

I am listening and you convinced me til I saw that BFG M/Ts are only 30 less each tire.

So 33x10.50s and 30x9.50s are 30 difference.

That means I dont save any money on tires! :flame:

BB it 2 in and trim and you can run 31s

for the love of god, stay away from an AAL...

get a 1.5" boomerang shackle, and either an ACOS or a poly spacer up front. If you plan on adding a bumper + winch or anything like that down the road, get the ACOS. You can dial in the lift amount in the front to balance out your ride.

With both, you can keep them when you get a new lift kit...

Back