• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

noise from drive line

OK...no one probably responded to this thread b/c this topic gets covered ALL THE TIME. In fact, there was an identical thread just days ago. There is search function in this forum and it is extremely helpful. You must enter in at least 4 characters when searching. For your particular question I would have entered in "shims" or "3 inch lifts".

Please do not think that I am being rude when I steer you in the above direction. This place is so fantastic b/c it contains so much information. The people that check in every day and spend a good chunk of time lurking here. The more "members" we have...the better. We hope that folks like yourself are so impressed with the forum that you decide to buck up the 30 bones and become more than just users.

To answer your question:
Since no 2 XJ's are the same...we can't really tell you what shims would best suit your rig. I have a seen guys with no shims and guys with as much as 4 degrees with that lift. You will know exactly how many degrees you need when you buy an angle finder from Sears (10 bones) and measure the driveline angles. That and that alone will tell you what the pinion should be. Grab a beer or coffee and read this stuff...it rocks. http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTricks/Driveline-101.shtml

Welcome to NAXJA!!

-river

Back