• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2"lift Question

dbltapp

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to be putting a 2"lift into my 96 XJ w/85,000miles, and wanted to know what kind of things might pop up along the way,or after everything is in. I am using 2" coil springs from BDS, and custom 2"leaf spring packs from a spring shop. I will also be putting in new shocks. Any help would be great! Thanx

expect potential vibe problems (it all varies). expect to have to do alignment after the lift, expect to hit every single bolt with PB Blaster (no... wd40 is not the same thing...) beforehand to avoid breakage, expect to break at least one bolt someplace...

Kejtar

oh... just remembered... swap out the upper shock mount botls, and the crossmemmber bolts to grade 8 bolts.... it will help you out in a long run....

Kejtar

crossmember: 10mm x1.5 pitch and I think that the upper shock bolts are 5/16" ????? I'm not 100% sure on the latter.... sorry

Kejtar

Back