• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daystar

You can definately feel a difference between the stock rubber one and the poly. It will vibrate at stops, but it's not that bad. No linkage problems.

I'm running one also. Compared to a worn out stuck mount, the difference is night and day. First off, it aligned my t-case back up two inches where it's supposed to be, so that made shifting the t-case much easier. The vibes are a little more apparent, but nothing severe. If you swap in poly motor mounts at the same time, make sure to follow the directions on bolt tightening or you WILL feel SEVERE vibration until the bolts back off on their own (it rattled my fillings out).

I am running the poly motor mounts and the tranny mount, vibes at stops yes. It stops when you are moving, the vibes are only noticable at complete stops. I had no problems with the linkage at all, everything bolted right up. It helps the heep transmit more torque to the ground, its not absorbed by the mounts any more.... :)

I personally could not hack the vibes and increased noise, so switched back to the rubber tranny mount and MORES OEM style motor mounts, which are also rubber. Please understand that my ThumperXJs motor is NOT stock tho.

Yea Im running the MORE rubber mounts with the Daystar Polly tranny mount. I knew that there would be vibes and they do go away when moving, but my main problem is that where the linkage pivots between the body and the transmission is about 3/4 higher on the transmission side. Now all thinking that the crossmember is bent, 2 steps ahead of you already swapped it out for a new one (was bent slightly). Now with the pivot point sitting off camber the top linkage arm rubs slightly on the body and binds somewhat when dropped down into 4WL. Seems as if the daystar pushed the trans up a little too far.

Back