• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" bastard pack

Dog_Soldier13

NAXJA Forum User
i have readed the $11 bastard pack write up but what i was wondering what do i need to do to get just 3" instead of 4" like the write up says

Search and Spell Check?

i was up for 3 hours last night searching and found only that write up. it seems that all anybody can say is search, everyone all ways assumes that people dont search. i know there are people that dont but i dont so quit telling me to search when i do and give me some helpful info other that search. and yes i know i am a bad speller.

Take one of the leaves out. If I recall they mention it in the $11 Bastard Pack thread.

Im afraid it has gone far beyond bad spelling at this point, it is actually difficult to understand exactly what you are saying.

And I was simply asking if you had searched, because I know there are several options for 3" bastard packs out there that have been mentioned here and on other forums.

well im sorry then. anyway i blam my bad spelling on the georgia education system. anyway i looked for just the 3" bastard pack and i couldnt find it. and also i read the $11 dollar write up many times but i didnt see anything about a 3" one but ill look agian. but from what i remember it just said use only the main leaf from the s-10 pack and that will give you 4"s. i just want to know witch leafs off of the s-10 pack will give me only 3"s

rogersjeep said:
trial and error

X2! If it's too high take out a s-10 leaf and add an XJ. Just make sure you keep enough leaves in the pack (4-5) to avoid axle wrap.

If it sounds like it requires a lot of work...it does.... but low buck mods generally do. I have rebuilt my setup countless times over the years, and I'm getting ready to do it again (lowering it some), but the bastard packs haven't ever let me down!

I have 3" from adding two leaves from another XJ pack into mine, kind of like the Rock Lizard writeup. An extra main leaf with the eyes cut off directly under my main leaf and another second leaf shortened slightly under my stock second leaf. I massaged (cold formed) my extra main leaf for a bit more arch, and altogether the pack yields about 3.25". Its settled down to 3" now...

Hooked on Phonics tends to work to if adding the leaves doesn't work out for ya.

Mix and match until you find something that works for you. There is no set "use this to get 3" " write up. Like already mentioned, it's just a trial and error process.

Hale

Back