• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Swap

ftwxj

NAXJA Forum User
I just saw the new liberty and noticed that they changed the headlights to match the commander

What do you think needs to be done to fix that up on my 00xj?

ftwxj said:
I just saw the new liberty and noticed that they changed the headlights to match the commander

What do you think needs to be done to fix that up on my 00xj?

I don't know the dimensions offhand - but looking at their size and shape, there's most likely some cutting of the fenders and grille involved. The header panel, bumper, and existing light mounts might also need modification. You're basically talking about going from a standard 6054 sealed-beam light to something completely proprietary, so the chances of it being a straight bolt-in are probably nil in this case.

If you're just looking for better light output, upgrading the existing headlight wiring and swapping out the OEM lights for either some Sylvania Silverstars or Hella E-Codes is probably your best bet. This has been covered many times, so some searching should turn up what you're looking for.

Back