• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 Sport Wheels

dlarrivee

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 01 Cherokee Sport... The alloy wheels on the drivers side got all scratched up on a curb, trying to avoid a collision...

Any idea if they're pretty common in junkyards or where I could pick a few up?

dlarrivee said:
Any idea if they're pretty common in junkyards or where I could pick a few up?

This should really be in OEM tech, but...

Any XJ rim should work as all used the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern. YJs and TJs would also be a good source to scavenge from as well as ZJs and WJs, though I believe that the 5.9-litre model ZJ used a 5 on 5" pattern.

You'll be lucky to find many late models in the junkyards (at least around here), but yes, they're a good source for what you're looking for.

Most Sports I have ever seen come with these.

DSCF1744.jpg

They should be quite common, but there not alloy just steel.

Now if you're talking about these.

d1b5_1.jpg

They're not as common, and might be harder to find.

However I found one for sale on E-Bay from my search of that pic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NICE-Jeep-Wrangler-Cherokee-Alloy-Wheel-Single_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43955QQihZ019QQitemZ290139775325QQrdZ1

casm said:
This should really be in OEM tech, but...

Any XJ rim should work as all used the 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern. YJs and TJs would also be a good source to scavenge from as well as ZJs and WJs, though I believe that the 5.9-litre model ZJ used a 5 on 5" pattern.

You'll be lucky to find many late models in the junkyards (at least around here), but yes, they're a good source for what you're looking for.
Pretty sure the WJ's came with the 5 on 5 pattern. The 5.9ltr used the 5 on 4.5 pattern same as all other ZJs

scoobyxj said:
Pretty sure the WJ's came with the 5 on 5 pattern. The 5.9ltr used the 5 on 4.5 pattern same as all other ZJs

Gah :) I never can remember the ZJ/WJ interchangeability correctly...

Forgot to mention: there was also a wheel design used in 2001 that was specific to the 60th Anniversary models. Photos are here.

Those are called the ecco's I think. Check www.bmja.org, wranglerfourm, a few others. I picked up 5 canyons off a TJ with 30" BFG AT/KO's for $250 for all 5, picked up 5 5 hole jeep outlaws for $150 no tires. You can find them, other option is go aftermarket and sell your other two for some outrageous price on Ebay..

They are called the Ecco's. They're not that hard to find....just harder than the standard sport wheels (first picture above). They're a bit more pricey though. Search around in the classifieds on here and keep an eye out online. I managed to score 4 ecco's from a member on here for $60....although they had a few scratches on them...nothing I can't live with, and considering what i'll probably do to them myself :D.

I have 5 ecco's for sale 1 with a new tire it was my spare im looking to get 250 for all five i would like them picked up I have no clue on prices to ship them

I'm in Canada so shipping might be insane...

I'm thinking about just getting some after markets (5)... Less hastle.

I've had my eye on the American Racing Mojave for a while now :)

Anyone have any idea what the stock backspacing is for those wheels by the way?

Last edited:
If you do decide to go the aftermarket route, definitely sell the ones you got now....you could probably make a decent amount off of them if they're in good shape (minus the one thats scratched).

99XJSPORT06 said:
If you do decide to go the aftermarket route, definitely sell the ones you got now....you could probably make a decent amount off of them if they're in good shape (minus the one thats scratched).

Yeah... I really like the "eccos" but I figure I'll just use it as an excuse to buy new rims... :D

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT266847.aspx

I'm trying to figure out if those will work for me... I find it odd that they have 4.5" of backspacing with 0 offset though, how does that make sense if it's an 8" wide rim?

Back