• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift questions

Tough_As_Nails

NAXJA Forum User
:confused: I'm a complete newb so bare with me. I've been thinking about getting an XJ for a while and I've finally decided to get one. I read a lot of stuff on here and its all very helpful but there is just so much information i cant keep it all straight. I want to buy a RE 4.5in super flex lift (http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=188&Pn=2021&XnPath=173,180,188&Vid=F768E92847556) and get 32 or 33in tires. My questions are what else will I need to buy? I know I'll have to regear, or should I swap my axles for bigger ones? Will I need a SYE? Will that lift effect how the steering handles on the street? Should/Will I need to trim to fit 33s? Any help is appreciated, THANKS!

Well, your definitly on the right track!

Depending on what rear axle it has decides if you need to swap it. If it's a D35, swap it. If it's a D44 or 8.25, just gear them and go. The front will be fine on 32-33s.

Needing a SYE also depends on the year, you may get away with a tcase drop (I did on my 90), but go ahead and budget for one just in case.

Your steering will be fine, just be sure to realign it.

Oh, and welcome to NAXJA and the world of XJs!

not to rob your post, but i also just picked up an xj, a 95 at that. If i go w a 3" lift what besides the lift will i need. and is it better to let a shop do it all or can i tackle it, lowerd cars before can't be that much diff.

thanks

sorry again for robbing your thread

Back