• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

p.s. fluid into radiator cooler?????

d-rail

NAXJA Forum User
i've done a search on this with little luck.... is anyone bypassing their rad. trans cooler and running the ps fluid through the rad??? or i was thinking about running my ps fluid through the oem little trans cooler..and keeping my trans fluid into the rad with a haden trans cooler... my 96 xj runs 220 + and in the red zone on the trail.........soo i scored a sweet deal on a new replacement rad. which i am installing this weekend along with a haden trans cooler. any sugestions would be awesome

i need to cool my p.s. too,, she whines like a dying cat

probably not the answer you're looking for, but i would fix the cooling issue BEFORE modifying the tranny/power steering cooling.

but i suppose bypassing the radiator and running the tranny stand alone with it's own cooler and using the radiator for the power steering might work.

i have the stand alone tranny cooler, but haven't played with my PS cooling yet.

I got the haydon tranny cooler, bought $75, than went to wrecker and got exact same thing out of Taurus for $5. One being used for tranny cooler, other for PS. Tranny is plummed in with the rad cooler.

Back