• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new here

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
new here just bought a 95 XJ love it to death, but need a bit more clearance. What is the biggest tire size i can put on stock, and also what type of lift should i go w/ i'm thinking 3" is good around here.

235/75/15 is a good "big" size on a stock XJ.

for a good 3" starter kit i would look at rough country.

talk to grimus99XJ. he's with rough country and i'm sure would be willing to help you out.

if you are going to get a 3" lift dont even go down the 235 route, get the lift first, then the tires and wheels to match the amount of lift you want. you may end up wasting your money on 235's and find you want bigger tires for some of the trails in your area.
i have 3 on 31's and i already have the inchitis, but iam sitting comfortable for pavement and trail use. have fun with your ride and post up some pics when you can. :cool:

blackclassic said:
if you are going to get a 3" lift dont even go down the 235 route, get the lift first, then the tires and wheels to match the amount of lift you want. you may end up wasting your money on 235's and find you want bigger tires for some of the trails in your area.
i have 3 on 31's and i already have the inchitis, but iam sitting comfortable for pavement and trail use. have fun with your ride and post up some pics when you can. :cool:

X2

Welcome to the forum. Good to see a fellow South Texan. Did you know we are in the process of starting a chapter of NAXJA here in the Texas area. So far it will include the four states of Tx, La, Ar and Ok. To be a voting member in that group you only need to become a paid NAXJA member. Check out the form set up for chapters. We are under the heading of Texas/Lousiana Chapter but we have a new name selected. Read all the info in that section. Again WELCOME.

Back