• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 xj lift

ezsk8er

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 96 xy, and i was wondering if ther is any way to get three or four inches of lift without spending 600 700 dollars. i was wondering if there was any coil and leaf springs from anothing vehicle like a pickup truck that could get me a couple inches, or be easily modifed to fit, i can do some basic fabrication, and i am a decent welder so cutting stuff and re welding it is not to bad, there are several junk yards around my area so i could probly find just bout any type of truck, any help is appreciated thank you bery much

im not really sure but from what i read on here u can get some later model zj 5.7L coils and s10 leaves and mix them up.do some more research cause im new.

Coils off of a V8 ZJ, lower control arms from a WJ, build a custom leaf pack, search here for "bastard pack". You need to deal with your trackbar, seriously spend the money to just buy a good one from rubicon express.

Front brake lines from a YJ and rear brake line from a Dakota.

Don't try and push beyond about 3" on the cheap, you start running into other problems that you can't really cheap out of.

Back