• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Non AJ's Rock Rails Suggestions

MongoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I have tried about 4 times now to get a set of AJ's rock rails. Every time he says hell make me a set, and then he either never calls/emails me to let me know when they are ready, or I try to get ahold of him for payment and shipping stuff and he never gets back to me.

Im sure his products are fantastic and he seems like a really nice guy so this thread isnt about bashing him, but Im frustrated and tired of not being able to get what I order. So does anyone have a good suggestion for rock rails? It seemed like the JCR Stage 2s were comperable but id like to hear from other folks and what they think.

I build them in limited quantities for $150 a set. If you're willing to pay the shipping, I'll build them for you. I can build them cheap because I've basically got no overhead. The only expenses I have to cover are steel, bolts, and welding supplies.

They are plenty sturdy, enough for using as a lifting point for a Hi Lift. All 3/16" wall construction using 1.5"x3" skids and 1.5" square legs. Let me know if you'd like a set. I recently built a set for myself, and also a set for "milkman3848" here on NAXJA. You can contact him if you'd like to get his honest opinion on them.

Sounds interesting, would love to see some pics.

These are all I have on my computer at the moment.They didn't flex an inch when slamming down on those rocks.....

100_0868.jpg

100_0871.jpg

Im interested in a pair. I just smashed my passenger side rocker today. Do they attach to the pintch seem as well? Oh... shipping to 85028 :roll:

When you get the chance to take pics of the mounting points let me know, I am curious. Also do you think you could do the actual rail with tube?

http://208.101.10.250/~naxjaor1/forum/showthread.php?t=907891&highlight=rocker

Build your own!! Greater ground clearance. Fully welded. My Thrashed MEtal has home built repalcement rockers of the style shown in the thread using 2" x 6" square tube. The left over rocker pinch seam is beat over the bottom of the fabbed rockers and welded along the entire length. One great tip: use a wire brush and clean ALL the paint, mud, etc. for a minimum of an inch around all weld areas front and back. That eliminates the zinc drip often emtioned in these threads.

This solution gives greater clearance and really strengthens the unibody.

Unfortunatly I have very limited fabrication resources at the moment, My welder is flux core and duty cycles every 10 seconds so no real way to do a good weld with it, fine for tac welds but yeah... Im fine with spending some money on something I know is tested and reliable.

the JCR rails are built very nicely.

this is my brothers rig at the same run Mike posted up:

tn_Crawl%202007%20074.JPG

They've held up well to a few years of abuse, and you can see that his XJ is still pretty because of the extra tube to pivot on.

Conversly, this is what your junk will look like with no rails to pivot on:
tn_Crawl%202007%20089.JPG

note all the rocker damage on my rig, that all came from the same rock the red xj is hung up on.
the passenger side is worse.
I'll be cutting the rockers out and replacing them with steel.

Mike can testify to how hard we beat our rigs that day.

Rock lizard made some good stuff. Give Marty a call and see if he's still making some. Mine were modified for use with the Full Traction long arms, so the regular ones look a bit different.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Not any real good picts of them, but they're great and I beat the hell outta them.

After having a Rusty's Track Bar snap in half while I was parallel parking, I won't be going back to them for anything.

MongoXJ said:
After having a Rusty's Track Bar snap in half while I was parallel parking, I won't be going back to them for anything.

which one did you get cuz he redesigned it because they weren't beefy enough.

FYI: you can buy AJ's stuff on jeepinoutfitters.com. took me about 5 days to get mine.

MongoXJ said:
So I have tried about 4 times now to get a set of AJ's rock rails. Every time he says hell make me a set, and then he either never calls/emails me to let me know when they are ready, or I try to get ahold of him for payment and shipping stuff and he never gets back to me.

Im sure his products are fantastic and he seems like a really nice guy so this thread isnt about bashing him, but Im frustrated and tired of not being able to get what I order. So does anyone have a good suggestion for rock rails? It seemed like the JCR Stage 2s were comperable but id like to hear from other folks and what they think.

ORGS, er....JKS Supernerfs

Kevin's Sliderz

All J Products Boulder Bars.

Rocky Road. They donated mine to a raffle.:D That's kinda supporting the club...

Back