• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I want more articulation without more lift

XJ98Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a 3" lift on 33x10.50's, and I want more articulation. If the lift is a byproduct of the articulation, then that's ok, but I'm not buying a new lift kit. What do you guys recommend I buy?

Ditch the rear swaybar and buy discos for the front.

Hale

long arms? 4 bar rear?

There are lots of things to do to increase articulation, but many will require changing suspension components. You may not necessarily increase your lift, but it may require a different "lift", if you catch my meaning.

Alot is going to depend on what kit/parts your using now.Eliminating things that bind-up the suspension would be your best bet!RE Super-flex arms,RE 1660 trackbar(or any equivalent that pivots on a horizontal plane),clearance your lower control arm mounts,remove the rear spring clips and use a open style,clearance your axle side trackbar mount,longer shackles,properly sized bump stops,etc!

you need to find the limiting factor in your suspension. could be shocks, control arms,trackbar,brake hoses, etc. then change those out for better components.

and just to show people that you dont need alot of lift to flex:

1.5" and 37's

nolift37s_0043brite.jpg

Hmmm, alright. I don't have anything to climb up like KTm does, but I do have a Hi-lift. I'll have to do that in the morning, jacking my Jeep up at 10 at night isn't exactly my idea of fun...

GO to a loading dock or somewhere where you can flex it, using a hi-lift is not going to get you the same results. Plus its very dangerous!!!!!!!! Find someones car or something.......

Sweet mother of mayhem KTM! 1.75 and 37's? I am in awe. I will go search for your posts now. I must learn more.

I love the idea od little lift and big tires. It's my goal.

*points at the self clearancing fenders* Cute :p

ktm racer 419 said:
you need to find the limiting factor in your suspension. could be shocks, control arms,trackbar,brake hoses, etc. then change those out for better components.

1.5" and 37's

nolift37s_0043brite.jpg

Ummm. Are you sure you have 1.5 inchs of lift? What did you do? I trimmed my fenders a ton and could fit 32s make with no lift! You crazy boy.

my normal setup is 4" and 37's. i just lowered it for shits n' giggles.

brokeflexndeuce013.jpg

there it is when my shock broke

ktm racer 419 said:
my normal setup is 4" and 37's. i just lowered it for shits n' giggles.

brokeflexndeuce013.jpg

there it is when my shock broke
holy hell:D

ktm racer 419 said:

1.5" and 37's

nolift37s_0043brite.jpg

please..........lots of info.

control arms???
shocks???
pics of rear flex???
etc..etc...

that is by far the most impressive low lift/ big tire setup i've seen. i like it ALOT.

custom longarms(radius arm style)
tnt customs trackbar
control arm mounted shocks (edelbrock ias for 6" lift)
wicked long brake hoses
rubicon express 4.5" leaf springs(leaf removed to lower it a tad)
1.5" lift shackles
rusty's coils

like said above, i normally run it at 4" of lift.
deliveryjeep-1.jpg

4", fair nuff. just curious what you do with your "wicked long brake lines" so they don't get caught in anything or rub through. i've played with small springs to pull them out of the way, or zip tying them to the shocks.

Wouldnt putting drop brackets on to a hardly lifted jeep screw with your angles? I know with 4.5 inches of lift on mine, my components arent to far out of angle, but if you want minimal lift you could go the opposite way or bind up right?

And long arms on a short lift dont seem like they would necissarily be that good for articulation, they may let the entire axle droop more when its level, but at angles it would tend to bind more than the stock style 4 link?

Please by all means correct me if im wrong, this is simply the image of the physics ive put together in my somewhat addled brain.

BB it a lil higher and get drop brackets?

Well, now my Hi-lift doesn't work. That was the only way i had to test the articulation, so no dice just yet. The lever is locked in place, but when I raise and lower the handle, the foot goes up maybe 1/2 inch, then comes back down to where it was.

thread highjack alert.

kidding

Back