• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

seat interchangability

juniorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
kay so we'll make this quick and strait to the point. can i take my passenger seat out and put it on the driver side pedistal. in other words can i swap the drivers seat for the passenger seat. it came with missmached seats and i like the passenger one better.

its a 91 with a manual if that makes a difference.

they bolt up the same, however keep in mind your levers for the recline function will be on the inside rather than the outside and might be difficult to access.

My 89 limited came with leather power seats, the bottom of the drivers seat was broken in half so I swapped them side for side and redrilled holes for the power controls, my ass is #1

You can switch but I think you will only be able to bolt one side down because the brackets are in a different place. I tried this on my 1993 the back holes line up and the two front won't. The seat was kinda wobbly.

ill watch for that. may have to bust out the drill, fun for me. as for the recline lever, i dont play with my seat much. once is about it.

I know you can swap the bottom cushion sections side-side. I did that so I don't have to sit on the bit rip. The little loops for the seat belts are on the wrong side, though.

Back