• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CEL Ponderings

RenegadeStang

NAXJA Forum User
The other night I started the XJ up and got a CEL (great, now it's dumping the "new" computer?). So I get it scanned and come up with these codes:

P1389 - No ASD relay output voltage at PCM. (An open condition detected in the ASD relay output circuit) [Ignition System or Misfire]

P1494 - Leak detection pump SW or mechanical fault. (Leak detection pump switch does not respond to input) [Auxiliary Emission Controls]

Now reading the 1389 code, I recognized "ASD" as that was a fuse/relay that the dealership replaced when I got the new computer programmed. Could this mean that the relay is out again? Anyway I can check the relay with a voltmeter? Also, what is ASD?

Now for the 1494, WTF is the "leak detection pump"?! And is this in anyway related to the ASD problem (I know that codes often times occur together if related)?

A thing to add, I've noticed no changes in the driveability. The engine doesn't miss or anything.

Back