• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny/tcase headache!!!!!!!!!

rubiconrescue

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have a 90 ckee with a 4.0/aw4/242. my question is i swaped in /aw4/231 from a 92 HO adn i was finsihing everything up but i have differnt hook ups (plugins) on my 231. they look like a 4 prong thing and the other is a standerd two prong.

WTF do i need to do to finish this / make this swap work. im at a dead in and need help.:cheers:

Two of those go to the front axle disconnect. On the 90 the switch for the part time light is at the axle. There are kits to elliminate the vacuum at the axle, kind of making it a non disconnect type. Or find a one piece passenger side shaft.

It's the 4wheel indicator switch. You might be able to switch them over. It shouldn't effect operation just tells you if your in 4 hi, 4 low, or not. I've read about an adaptor for when early TC's are fitted with the SYE kit. I couldn't find that information for you thou.

so i can swith the sensor from my 242 to the 231????? as for the vacum lines where do teh other two go? its a 4 prong plug in

Back