• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring rubbing on track bar mount

jdbwrx

NAXJA Forum User
So I recently added some Rockkrawler 4.5" springs (up from Rusty's 3" with 1" spacers), and now the driver's side spring is rubbing on the upper track bar bracket. The spring is seated properly, and the track bar has been adjusted.

Any suggestions?

do you have a stock or an adjustable track bar? do you have stock or aftermarket control arms? Are your control arms fixed length or adjustable? some of this may come into play with your problem.

Rubicon Express adjustable track bar. It is the stock mount on the upper frame rail side, but I had to drill it out to accomodate the RE track bar.

RE drop brackets, TNT adjustable uppers, RockKrawler adjustable lowers

I wonder if it is not a trackbar adjust problem. If the track bar is not properly adjusted it can push/pull the axle towards the passenger side causing the whole front end to be shoved that way slightly. I know this sounds remedial, but have you checked that yet?

That is what I meant when I said track bar has been adjusted. I thought that at first too. I measured it out and adjused it accordingly, so the axle "should" be centered. (unless I messed it up) I measured from outside edge of the bump stop (metal part) to the outside shoulder of the tire, and this distance is the same on both sides. So like I said, it should be centered.

Back