• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advice installing Transmission cooler

MoFo

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I picked up a used OEM transmission cooler and want to install it. Does anybody have one that they can post pictures of mounting and hose routing?

Can somebody tell me which line at the radiator is the one where the ATF flows into the radiator from the transmission? I am assuming it is the top one, just like the water, but I want to be sure.

TIA

Yep, the top hose going into the radiator stays. you'll need to disconnect the bottom hose and attach it to the tranny cooler, then pick up a piece of tranny hose (one end will have a metal connector on it, the other will be plain rubber). Run the metal end to the bottom of the radiator and the rubber end to the tranny cooler, secure with a hose clamp or two....

I'll try and get you some pics later on...dont have them with me at work...

JNickel101 said:

JNickel101
The link you posted doesn't work. Can you fix it or post some pictures? I am really interested in the routing of the hoses. I am figureing they have to go under the frame rail on the drviers side and past the sway bar mount. Can you confirm this?

TIA

Back