• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator support bushings?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
I am putting the front end of my 92 cherokee back together after an engine swap. I went to put the radiator back in,but noticed that the rubber bushings for the pins where the radiator sits in the crossmember were missing. my question is,are they supposed to be there,and if so where can i get new ones? I don't remember taking them off when I took the radiator out,and i can't find them anywhere,so I am thinking they aren't supposed to be there. If not,this is the first radiator I have seen that didn't have them(which doesn't mean much,because I have only replaced a few radiators).thanks for the help!! Ben

Yes they are suppose to be there or it'll rattle and wear thru the radiator after time. My new radiator came with them. You might check a radiator shop.

cjben said:
I am putting the front end of my 92 cherokee back together after an engine swap. I went to put the radiator back in,but noticed that the rubber bushings for the pins where the radiator sits in the crossmember were missing. my question is,are they supposed to be there,and if so where can i get new ones? I don't remember taking them off when I took the radiator out,and i can't find them anywhere,so I am thinking they aren't supposed to be there. If not,this is the first radiator I have seen that didn't have them(which doesn't mean much,because I have only replaced a few radiators).thanks for the help!! Ben
Often times when I pull a radiator out it pulls them with it and they just fall out and I have to find where they rolled. You definitely do want them there though, so either yeah check with a radiator shop, get them from the junkyard or source them some other way.

Ive made some replacements out of shock stem bushings. I have plenty of bushings laying around if you need some.

what is the technical name of them for when I am doing a search? thanks for your offer sigguy,i will keep it in mind

thanks saudade,that will be the last resort. I had a couple minutes last night and looked around a little. found one in the back of the xj where i put the radiator while i was replacing the engine,so the other one has to be around somewhere!!will have a little time to work on it this afternoon,maybe I'll have better luck then:)

Back