• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Roof rack, tire holder?

CustomCrawler said:
Would the factory roof rack hold on a 32" spare tire? :roll:
My whole roof rack (Surco) is attached to my crossbars of the factory roof rack. It has a full size spare a Hi-lift and a shovel up there on a daily basis. I add more stuff when I go on a trip. So short answer is YES it will certainly hold your spare.

yup i have a 32 up thur... and a tie down holding it and a cable with a lock and have had it there over a year.. it just rattles... but i dont notices it anymore:)!

blackdoutxj said:
yup i have a 32 up thur... and a tie down holding it and a cable with a lock and have had it there over a year.. it just rattles... but i dont notices it anymore:)!

Thats how I know nobody has stolen my spare. It rattles to let me know its still there. How convenient of it!

Yep it'll work without a doubt but do NOT allow the tire to rest on the actual roof of the car, keep it on the crossbars. That's how you get dents in your roof like my Jeep has.

Back