• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time in club BOD requirements

Should we temporarily waive the 1 year requirement? (Red River Members only please)

• Yes

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

goodburbon

NAXJA Forum User
We asked this question once before, but now we have many more members who can vote.

Should we Temporarily waive the required minimum of 1 year as a member requirement to serve on the BOD?

The voting will close Saturday July 21.

goodburbon said:
We asked this question once before, but now we have many more members who can vote.

Should we Temporarily waive the required minimum of 1 year as a member requirement to serve on the BOD?

The voting will close Saturday July 21.

If this passes do we need to include it in the bylaws or not? It is a one time thing so I am uncertain if we need a bylaw to cover it.

could we put a special clause in the by laws that states for the formation of the rrc the required 1 year pd status will be waived for those wishing to run for office

I think that since it is only a temporary measure that it should not be reflected permanently in the bylaws. In 6 months the problem goes away.

Definitely no need to be in the bylaws as it is a temporary measure. Lets just wave it till the next election, then go with the standard one year.

Talk about a landslide election

Do we really need an election before the November one???

So the way I see it. goodburbon is going to be president, Ramsey is going to be vice president and kendrik is the recoeder/treasurer. Does everyone see it that way too?

SPEAK UP EVERYONE.

Why do u see it that way. We have to have a BOD to become a chapter. What if goodburbon and ramsey dont want to do it. I was the one who rallyed people to do this. Did you ever think maybe I would like to help run this operation. How many of you guys have been officers in clubs before.

BIgDaddyChia said:
Why do u see it that way. We have to have a BOD to become a chapter. What if goodburbon and ramsey dont want to do it. I was the one who rallyed people to do this. Did you ever think maybe I would like to help run this operation. How many of you guys have been officers in clubs before.

Sorry didn't mean to ruffle your feathers BigDaddy. These guys I mentioned have been nominated and seconded somewhere on this chapter forum except Kendrik who has jumped in and assumed many recorder roles already suchas the Google Earth thing. He has kept up with everything but the ,as yet, non-existant funds.

And thats because it was voted not to have some one less then a year paid membership in office. I maybe the new guy but that dosent mean I lack club expereince. I have been a member of at least 6 auto clubs. since i have been driving. I think it qualifies me a little bit.

Is it the whiny guy?

Dirt said:
Well.... I know who I don't want on the BOD.....

Don't rule out someone with experience. He just seems to want what is best for the chapter. He says he has served on several Boards in the past and if that experience is going to help the positive formation of this chapter, then let him help out.

It's not even up to me to let him help out. In fact....I'm one of many that didn't nominate him.

And just so you know....I think we all want what's best for the chapter.

Look I am not saying I am the most qualified. I am current V/P of one of the clubs I am in. And I also ran my own car club when I was a different car scene. I do want what is best for the club, but I also want to be able to help do whats best.

Big Daddy has been a tremendous help and is the one who started this ball rolling. Let's try not to let this go downhill, If there needs to be a debate we'll hold one. For now let's allow this poll to run it's course and the follow up will probably be special elections next week. ;)

Are we waving the time limit entirely, or lowering to what I previously suggested which was 6 months?

Looks like this is a poll to waive it entirely, meaning someone could conceivably join today and run for office tomorrow. I have no problem with that, if that is the case, as I think the membership is not going to vote for some last minute new member anyway.

If this turns into a real contested election, maybe we should let the top vote getter be president, and the second best vote getter be VP? Just a suggestion to discuss while we have a few days left to mull over it.

The Treasurer recorder job is whole different story, so it should be a separate election IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back