• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 Chromemoly shaft question

falcon556

NAXJA Forum User
I just bought a set of Yukon chromemoly shafts for my XJ.
I noticed that the diameter of the long shafts next to the UJoint is larger
than the original and I will not be able to install the mud slingers the original had.
Can I find aftermarket mud slingers anywhere?
I'd like to protect the shaft hole and the differential seal from mud etc.
Can they be used without slingers without causing problems?

leave them out?
My axles hasn't had them or dust shields for a long time now, doesn't seem to be an issue.

they're not all that important unless you do a lot of mud and water crossings. They are a good idea and don't hurt at all to have. At 60-70 bux a set I don't think that they're over-priced.

mjma said:
they're not all that important unless you do a lot of mud and water crossings. They are a good idea and don't hurt at all to have. At 60-70 bux a set I don't think that they're over-priced.

It is my DD it doesn't get wet and dirty very often.
Besides the money, I don't want to wait for them, I have to do some work on my XJ and be on the road again by Sunday night.
I'll try to do without them.
Thanks.

jeeperjohn said:
I opened up the hole a little and used silicone to hold them in place. Working good so far.

Good man, I tried it, I think it will be ok.
Originally I thought that it would make the bore too thin, turned out to have plenty of thickness left.
I am talking about the split 2 piece slinger.
Thanks.

Back