• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem with Transfer Case Drop Kit

bunkerkhan

NAXJA Forum User
So, i installed my 3" suspension lift kit into my 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I also bought a Drop Kit for the Transfer Case. The kit came with the spacers for the cross member to be dropped, along with a bracket for wat looks like some type of linkage. So i got a buddy of mine to find out where it goes, and we found it. but we can't figure out how to install it.

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00323.jpg

Your supposed to unscrew the piece for that bracket, then attach the bracket that came with the kit to the bracket on the car, and place the piece into the new bracket. which should lower the whole assembly. Well, the problem we are having is that after we unscrew the assembly from the stock bracket, the black piece that goes through the bracket is too long to just push it out. how can we get the piece out of the stock bracket????? please help.

Heres wat the kit look like:
skj_tcl30.JPG

Last edited:
Honestly, I've never heard of anyone using a linkage drop with a tranny drop. I don't tyhink you need it, i never used one with my RE 4.5" lift.

No job is complete without some spare parts!:laugh2:
But honestly u don't need them

I used that linkage drop on my TJ when we dropped the T-case, but never have had to use it on my XJ's when a T-case drop was used. I got by fine until I installed my SYE.

Wow really? A Linkage drop? Thats just friggin weird man. I wouldnt worry about it, ive had my Tcase drop on for over a year and never had an issue getting the tcase to shift.

Back