• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-bolt dimensions

XJ5

NAXJA Forum User
I'm doing a homebrew AAl soon and need new U-bolts. The local spring shop can bend some up but they need the dimensions, which they said they can't look up. It's for an 8.25, so I know they're 3" wide, but I need to know what diameter rod to use. I think the factory is 1/2", but can I use 5/8"? Would that be overkill? At this point it may be easier just to order some from Rusty's or something.

The ubolts for the 8.25 are 3" x 1/2" x length, anywhere from 7" to 9" depending on your usage. Be sure to get ubolts for automotive use and not from the local hardware store. Do a google and you will find several different sites where you can get them.

You will ahve to grind or drill the spring top plate out to fit 5/8, but it will fit through the hole in the shock mount.

I ran 5/8" u-bolts on my 8.25 and currently run them on my d44, as do many of the locals.

Back