• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many watts can the stock headlight wiring harness take?

I agree I wouldn't run anything higher than stock on the OEM harness. To be honest I would even do the upgrade running the stock wattages.

I'm contemplating doing 55 watts, or possssssssibly 80, but that's a fairly low chance, I don't want to kill anyone. DO they make upgraded wiring harness for '98s, or am i going to have to make it myself?

are you talking about something like this

p30724.jpg

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97009_120.htm

I just picked up the bulbs, no external reflector. With my luck, it's a sealed bulb isn't it?

edit: Whoa, just checked the price, and I paid significantly less than that for the bulbs.

Last edited:
Check with BigOffroad (JohnJohn). He was doing the headlight harnesses. He donated a couple to our ColoradoFest raffle last year.

Support the vendors that support NAXJA.

Stock is a 55W sealed beam enclosure. Many have upgraded to an H4 enclosure made by Hella, Cibie, etc. I personally am running the e-code Cibie's from danielsternlighting.com, and a prototype harness with 80W bulbs, and it is just about perfect.

After installing the harness and seeing the stock wiring, I would not run anything over 55W. If you want something that looks brighter but is still 55W, many (myself included) have run Sylvania Silverstars.

Back