• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket o2 sensor wiring

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
So I just bought an aftermarket Borg Warner o2 sensor for $25 shipped to my door and now I cant get the wiring configured.I have an OBD2 97 XJ 4.0 fyi.
The wiring/labeling on the sensor goes as is:

Purple (computer signal)
Tan (sensor ground)
Brown (heater)
Brown (heater)
(NOTE:HEATER IS NOT POLARITY DEPENDENT)

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=160116548753&rd=1,1

ad4e_1.JPG

Any one know what wire goes where? you cant beat $25 for a universal borg sensor with a warranty. the Bosch are $35 shipped.

according to my Chilton's, your brown heater wires should hook to the black/white and dark-green/orange. the tan sensor ground to the black/light-blue, and the purple to the black/dark-green for the upstream sensor or the tan/white for the downstream sensor.

h2opete987 said:
according to my Chilton's, your brown heater wires should hook to the black/white and dark-green/orange. the tan sensor ground to the black/light-blue, and the purple to the black/dark-green for the upstream sensor or the tan/white for the downstream sensor.

awesome, you rock. thank you so much.

Back