• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PCV Grommet in Valve cover

911xj

NAXJA Forum User
Someone told me that a PCV Valve Grommet from a Ford Ranger fits perfect on a 4.0 valve cover, since there is no OEM replacement. Does anyone know what year and size motor to ask for at the parts store?? Or does anyone know what else fits?? THANX

Do a search here for CCV and NAPA. This has been covered many times. You can get the entire set of hoses at NAPA for less than $50. I just put a set on last week. The CCV hoses come with the gromets elbows, everything you need.

I have had to new jeeps (2004/2005 (yj's) and within less than a year, both were weeping from those grommets on the valve cover. there has got to be a better solution than replacing the OEM bad design with the same thing, I wonder if there is a way to install a rigid fitting there perhaps threaded or even "JB weld" or similar, it's the rubber that's failing, eliminate that and you should eliminate the problem...

Back