• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

np242

lancey3

NAXJA Forum User
After searching and finding very little I'm resorting to creating a thread. How shitty is the 242. My local 4x4 shop said its horrible in comparison to the 231 and i could blow a hole in it if i didn't baby it. 3 in lift dana 35. x < 30 in tires at the moment.

lance

I'd say find a new shop. Plenty of people running the 242 here. JIM.

so having it isnt the end of the world

I pound the $hit out of my 242's without problems. Between my 2 XJ's I've put about 100,000 miles on them if not more.

Find a new shop.

If I blew one up I would buy another before I bought a 231. I love the fulltime fourwheel drive option.

Ive never had problems with my 242 and its been through hell. Nuteral drops, submerged in water for several hous, driving in 4lo longer then it should be driven for, contantly being in 4 full, and playing hard in the dirt in 4 part.

Also the 4 full is a great feature. I love it in the rain because its to easy to spin tires in 2wd so fulltime is my god. And being I dont tow much having the 242 doesnt bother me.

This thread will probably still grow, but enough has already been said.

Find a new shop.

its the only one less than 20 miles away from me.

www.trailquest.com

..bastards ruined my day dana 35 discovery and told me 242 sucked

well thanks guys makes me a little less depressed. now to take care of that dana 35

Back