• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replaced wiper linkage bushings now I have a new problem.

ChairOhKey

NAXJA Forum User
Well the good news is that the wipers now return to the same spot, but they return to the wrong spot. What happens is that they sit almost in the middle of the windshield. Then when I turn the wipers on, they wipe across, then down to where it should go, but instead of stopping there they return to almost half-way up and stop. It just repeats this every time they go. I have a feeling I whacked something out of adjustment, but I can't find anything to adjust in the linkages. I can move the linkage arms, but as soon as I turn the wipers back on they just adjust themselves to where it was. Anyone know what I could do to fix this?

It's a '97.

I just did mine on my '92 and it works fine now. I DID have to reassemble it a couple times to get the right orientation of the arms. It's hard to explain, but you may have flipped one of the arms to the wrong side of one of the joints. You can rotate the motor by hand by tugging on the arms. I had to mess with mine to collapse it as far as it would go to get it back into place.

My real problem was that one of the metal arms was snapped in two. Had to weld it back together, then try to figure out which side of the joint the arm belonged.

See if you can toggle the arm to the other side. Should be able to do that without taking it apart, but you will probably have to remove the assembly to do it. Again, it's hard to explain but grab the end with the triangular pivot piece and twist it until the arms flip. Then try that installed.

Back