• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jet Performance Module-Anyone using one?

bobinyelm

NAXJA Forum User
Jet Performance Modules
These folks offer a Stage 1 (for unmodified engines) and a Stage II (for modified engines).

http://www.jetchip.com/

I am looking for more efficient combustion (i.e., better use of the fuel, meaning better mpg), and wondered if anyone has tried their Stage 1 product in their 4.0 engines?

They claim that their modules (contain a custom burned chip) modify the spark timing as well as fuel delivery all along the power curve, NOT just at WOT like most chips do.

I am not looking for more hp, but more torque down low WOULD be nice (for towing), though cost-of-operation would be my main goal.

Bob

You are better off with a Hypertech programmer...more options, plus it doubles as a code reader/code clearer. Love mine...

I think most are for 96 and up...I believe the Hypertech programmer just works for 1996-2004, IIRC....

I am using the stage 2 (which specifies in the manual to use only 92 octane or higher) on my 2000 XJ, with the Jet 180 thermostat (cause they say you're supposed to :dunno:), Gibson full stainless cat-back, K&N drop in with hacked factory airbox, 62 mm TB, Airaid TB spacer, and some Royal Purple 10w-30. I am satisfied with the setup, but I don't know what gave what cause I did it all at once. Although, with the hammer down, she shifts at 600 rpm past redline (good or bad, whatevah) I would like to see how the Hypertech's work out, but they are a little pricey. But you also get to adjust for different power adders. EDGE also makes a piggy-back ECU upgrade, but don't know anyone that has it.

Last edited:
Back