• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 UCA alxe side bushings

barillms

NAXJA Forum User
My new rubber UCA dana 30 axle side bushings suck. Besides the Currie Johnny joint replacement weld-on expensive deal, isn't there a quality poly bushing or something to replace these rubber things? Mine won't seat inside the round opening! They keep wiggling their way out.
I'm half tempted to make a poly leaf spring bushing fit in there!!

Thats a common problem with the OEM ones. Tack weld them in place; you don't have to replace them all that often.

Better yet,get the sleeve from JKS.Had the same issues but not any since!
fh000010.jpg

I might have to look into those, my 99 badly needs all the bushings replaced and I'm not quite ready to lift it yet. I was thinking about making my own control arms with some 1.5" .250 wall dom I have left over from the last set of tie rods I built.

What's the opinions on the Energy Suspension Hyperflex kit? A little bit harsher ride doesn't bother me, but will I get any more life out of them?

I just bought those from JKS and the stock bushing goes into the housing. You can weld JKS's into the stock location and then press stock bushing into it. I got mine for LA's though. Havent had the loose bushing problem.

Back