• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pinehurst trail run

Boxil

NAXJA Forum User
Ok we have a place and a day. i was thinking that all those that are going to be ther that we meet up in pinehurst at Barneys grocery store downtown and we can go from there. my buddy who knows the trails well is in the process of moving so if anyone has another trail leader we might be exploring on our own. but all in all it should be a great day. i'd say 8 or 9 at barneys unless someone has a different idea. i will be in the area hitting hte trails on saturday as well to find some spots. hope to see many xj's and others that can make it.

Boxil said:
Ok we have a place and a day, Pinehurst, Idaho on July 22 at 9am. i was thinking that all those that are going to be ther that we meet up in pinehurst at Barneys grocery store downtown and we can go from there. my buddy who knows the trails well is in the process of moving so if anyone has another trail leader we might be exploring on our own. but all in all it should be a great day. i'd say 8 or 9 at barneys unless someone has a different idea. i will be in the area hitting hte trails on saturday as well to find some spots. hope to see many xj's and others that can make it.

fixed.

Boxil, Jody (opracer315) has been there a couple of times and I believe he has some of it mapped on GPS. I could be wrong but I remember him running tracks. As well one of the other guys that may be coming has been there before as well and has run the tougher trails.
Should be a great time for those who can make it, hope to see you there.
Cleatus92

Hopefully if the weather forecasts are right it looks like it will be in the mid 80's for the end of the week and on sunday about 85 degrees in pinehurst. should be an awesome day for some wheeling.

hope to see alot of people tommorow in pinehurst idaho. weather looks like it will be a nice day. maybe a bit warmer then the forecast called for. today was pretty toasty. i did some trail work on a couple of the roads just cleaning them up and getting some logs out of the way. see you all tommorow.

wooo hoooo. that was awesome today. i dont think any of us came away without any damage. thankfully nothing major. Cleatus92 had a sidewall puncture but was easy to repair. i definately learned a ton at what our jeeps can do. my semi stock rig can make it in some crazy places. hopefully next time we'll see some more people. i'll try to get a few of my pics up. didn't take a whole lot. was having way to much fun. opracer315 should have some and video. thanks again to Cleatus92 and opracer315 for the info they gave me and the help on the tight spots.

Boxil said:
wooo hoooo. that was awesome today. i dont think any of us came away without any damage. thankfully nothing major. Cleatus92 had a sidewall puncture but was easy to repair. i definately learned a ton at what our jeeps can do. my semi stock rig can make it in some crazy places. hopefully next time we'll see some more people. i'll try to get a few of my pics up. didn't take a whole lot. was having way to much fun. opracer315 should have some and video. thanks again to Cleatus92 and opracer315 for the info they gave me and the help on the tight spots.

Well only three XJ's showed up but fun was definately had. It was great to meet you Sean, look forward to wheelin with you again. Yes I got more damage, the side wall on my Trxus, bent the hell out of my AJ's offroad armor rock rail wedging myself between two rocks on a waterfall (had to winched out), Also hammered my rear lower quarter panel, put a golf ball sized hole in it. The Trxus was patched with a tire plug which released it self from service on the freeway ride home. So here are the few pictures that i took as well as a link to the rest of them.
Cleatus92
pinehurstjuly22094.jpg

pinehurstjuly22093.jpg

pinehurstjuly22092.jpg

Fishing
pinehurstjuly22090.jpg

Boxil attacking the water fall
pinehurstjuly22089.jpg

pinehurstjuly22087.jpg

pinehurstjuly22085.jpg

pinehurstjuly22084.jpg

pinehurstjuly22081.jpg

pinehurstjuly22080.jpg

pinehurstjuly22079.jpg

Our group, big isn't it???
pinehurstjuly22078.jpg

My wheelin buddy, Gabriel
pinehurstjuly22043.jpg

pinehurstjuly22042.jpg

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s25/cleatus92/Pinehurst%20july%2022/

Last edited:
That looks like pretty good time!!! Was that an old train trestle or mine in the first pic? I love finding old stuff like that.

Was a great time. Boxil learned what offroading was real about.
Boxil's first pucker factor.
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3072486400047791022HHhtcq
Winching Cleatus out of the wedge. I knew better I broke an axle and had to be winched out earlier this year.
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3022043520047791022TYtRVs
Boxil giving the waterfall a try.
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3030319120047791022brseQM
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3005713560047791022myfivA
Rest of the pics and videos

Last edited:
Blkxjkrawler said:
That looks like pretty good time!!! Was that an old train trestle or mine in the first pic? I love finding old stuff like that.

the first pic is of an old mine. the whole area is covered with old mine tunnels and shafts. some spots you do have to be careful and hope you dont stumble down an unmarked shaft. higher up on the main ridge line there is also an old abandoned ore tram that would carry ore and minerals over the hill to the smelter that used to be on the other side. lots of cool history and some amazing trails alot that are still waiting to be discovered. could it possibly be a new NWfest location??

there are about 3 forest service campgrounds within 20 mins of most trails plus a lot of just open areas near trailheads that could be used for camping. plenty of hotel/motels. i havn't seen all of the trails in the area. i grew up there but didn't have a wheeling rig to get out and about. the stuff we were doing sunday was from what i understand around a 4 scale. i'm sure there is some harder stuff and of course plenty of mild stuff as well. if you ever get the time to come over let me know and i'll try to make it up.

Back