• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear sway bar

01rokee

NAXJA Forum User
just put on a 3" lift with full leafs.going to put on new tires(31x10.50)and it looks like because they are going to be wider and remain on the stock rims,that the tire will hit the rear sway bar. is this true or should i stop worrying and slap the tires on

jgcbr said:
Take the rear sway bar out, nearly all of us here dont wheel with the rear sway bar. You really will not tell any difference while driving.

x2.... I have never missed mine...Its a jeep not a sports car.

I have 4 XJ's only one of them, my 90', still has the rear sway and only due the fact it is unlifted, never sees the off-road, and I use it for towing duties. Honestly though I do not think the rear sway really helps at all for anything.

I still have mine in just because it's my DD and I see like 90% street. I'm on 4.5" and 31x10.5's. But they are not stock rims. I'm on 15x8's.

Someone smarter than me will tell you what years and options packages didn't even come with a rear sway bar.

I plan to ditch mine when I install my Class III hitch I'm picking up tomorrow.

My 86 had it.

My 96 had it, I chucked it.

My 99 will loose it.

x2 on the "it's not a sports car"

I have not been running a front sway for about a year.... and it feels fine.... stock suspension though. I however still have the rear sway in.... mainly because i have not crawled under there and yanked it out.

But it will be tossed once i throw on my OME parts next week.

Back