• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS install

scottyrock

NAXJA Forum User
After installing a new TPS does the vehicle need to run for a bit so the computer can adjust to a new sensor or can it be installed and immedietly do its thing??

well you should have unplugged the battery before you did this. and once you have the TPS installed plug the battery back in. start the engine and allow it to idle for a minute or two. than drive it. Thats what I have always done and never had a problem.

scottyrock said:
After installing a new TPS does the vehicle need to run for a bit so the computer can adjust to a new sensor or can it be installed and immedietly do its thing??
If it's an 87-90 4.0 you will need to adjust it also.

I made sure I disconnected the battery before the install, so that was covered. Just wasn't sure on letting the computer do its thing with a new sensor. I have a 91 I6 4x4 AW4.

I had to do the two pedal dance to keep it running for a test drive on the last one I replaced. It was a 98 5.2ltr ZJ though. Once it learned the what it needed to it was fine.

Back