• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which locker

JeepinCoastie

NAXJA Forum User
so should i go with an

Aussie Locker
or
Detroit E-Z Locker

for the D30 in my XJ?

every time the locker question comes up lock-rite always ends up last

I've run a lock rite, and an Aussie. Can find no difference in quality between the two. The EZ locker is junk.

I run a powertrax...it is very quite

Aussie makes a good product and stands behind it.

I'm yet to see detroit or powertrax post up to naxja with support info..

I run a Aussie in the front and I now have an Aussie in the rear (took out a mini-spool due to tire wear). I have had no problems with the Aussie. Easy to install. The front is silent in 2wd or 4wd. The rear makes some ratcheting noises but its getting quieter with age (in only 3 weeks) and I dont find the noise, what little there is now to be annoying or objectionable.

Since I havent run any anthing but Aussies and a mini-spool I cant comment on the other choices.

John

Last edited:
I love my Lock Right but if I could have had an Aussie in my 8.25 I would have gotten one. I've heard nothing but good about Aussies and very mixed reviews about EZ Lockers

Maverickj1 said:
Aussie doesn't make a locker for the 8.25?
What's the next best for an 8.25?

Depends. Powertrax No-Slip Locker for the 29 sp, Lock-Right for 27 sp.

I have 0 complaints with my Lock-Right. It unloads when I stop and makes a clunk, makes tapping noises when I turn tight bc its unlocked, and it locks when it should be.

Aussie or Powertrax Lock-rite locker all the way. I love being repetetive. haha

buy the real aussie and spend some money on an ARB. only way to go in my opinion. first time you hit that switch you'll feel like it was money well spent.

team510 said:
buy the real aussie and spend some money on an ARB. only way to go in my opinion. first time you hit that switch you'll feel like it was money well spent.

Every time I hit the gas my Lock Right is money well spent :D

team510 said:

3 months later when your ARB is spitting oil out the lines, you can pay it again to have it fixed. ;)

team510 said:

Then when you hit that switch the second time you'll wonder why it wont unlock.

Back