• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U joints?

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
I think I need to replace my u-joint in my rear driveshaft. I went on autozone.com but it asks for "inside lock up" or "outside lock up"????????? Does anyone know where in SO CAL I can get them and possibly a part number? It has a 8.25 rear and a AW4 if that matters.

silverslk said:
I think I need to replace my u-joint in my rear driveshaft. I went on autozone.com but it asks for "inside lock up" or "outside lock up"????????? Does anyone know where in SO CAL I can get them and possibly a part number? It has a 8.25 rear and a AW4 if that matters.

Should be "outside lock up" - I think that's referring to the position of the snaprings that retain the caps. Visually check for yourself - if you see a funky snapring on the end of the cap in the fixed 'shaft yokes, it's "outside." If you don't see that funky snapring, look on the inside of the yoke ears for the snap - that's "inside."

Funky terms, but they make some sense on further reflection...

5-90

I have a stock driveshaft with fairly new ujoints ready to go located in santa Ana

djblade311 said:
I have a stock driveshaft with fairly new ujoints ready to go located in santa Ana

Thanks, I got impatient last night and did them. where are you located in Santa Ana? I never see XJ's (except regular transpo ones and I practically live in S.A.)

I live off of 1st and Euclid in Little Saigon. just a mile or so south of Garden Grove

cal said:
Did you get your stuff all setup after cracker and i left?

No, turns out the forward nutsert on my leaf springs is stripped out, well, spinning freely. We determined that I need to actually drill a hole in the frame, and actually reweld the nut to the body just to get that nut out. Oh yeah Cal, you forgot those Bisteins at the shop yesterday.

TheWarWagon said:
No, turns out the forward nutsert on my leaf springs is stripped out, well, spinning freely. We determined that I need to actually drill a hole in the frame, and actually reweld the nut to the body just to get that nut out. Oh yeah Cal, you forgot those Bisteins at the shop yesterday.

I didnt forget them, left them to see if they would fit jonnies jeep. I'm going 7100's and figured he'd get good use out of them.

Back