• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gears & Lockers?

redrider

NAXJA Forum User
I finally got some money do build my axles. D30 & 8.8. ive been calling around trying to find prices on detriot rear and truetrac front with 4.56 gears. ive been recieveing some high quotes. Im just wondering where you guys are gettin yours? And what should i expect to pay? thanks

Reider Racing. (aka Precision Gear, aka Alloy USA).

Ask about current deals, they may be able to offer you an extra discount if your doing front and rear gears and lockers.

www.DC4WD.com

He'll beat anyones prices, make sure to go with Precision gear.

redrider said:
the only gear not to get is the genuine gear right?

Yeah, I run Precision in the d30 and Yukon in the rear, no issues with either.

KarlVP said:
Wrong. Genuine is made in the USA with actual US steel.

Yukon is made in india. Thier quality standards aren't the same as in the US.

Agree to disagree, I don't care where whats made, I just know what has less problems.

nice quote btw :laugh3:

Yukon's are the most solid gear you can buy in my oppinion. I have never heard anyone complain about them, and i have no issues with mine.

KarlVP said:
Wrong. Genuine is made in the USA with actual US steel.

Yukon is made in india. Thier quality standards aren't the same as in the US.
I have heard that Yukon is among the best choices for gears. I don't have enough gear specific experience to have an opinion but I have never heard anything but good about Yukon.

Now you have heard other about yukon.

I have seen more Yukon d30 ring and pinions break than all other brands combined.

I will pay for precision or spicer before I will use free yukon parts.

cal said:
I will pay for precision or spicer before I will use free yukon parts.

Agree get Precison, which is Spicer.

Back