• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Rear Disc Conversions: Longer studs needed?

XpedientJ

NAXJA Forum User
Don't know if it may vary with particular kit or component groupings, but wondering if the D44 rear disc conversions typically require longer studs? If so, how much longer....3/8-1/2"..?

If you are referring to the studs on the axle flange, on my 8.25 disc conversion using D35 disks, the stock studs are about 1/8 to 1/4" too short. I'm still using them but I should get some longer ones

I'd imagine it would be the same for the D44.

I just grabbed some shorter ones for my 44, but have been using the stock ones for about 8 months with no problems. There isn't a whole lot of thread engagement though.

I know that with the Teraflex kit you are required to replace the factory studs with longer ones. IIRC, the difference is about a quarter-inch or so - but they do provide the NAPA part numbers for them with the instructions. At work so don't have access to them to get the P/Ns, however.

I read a thread saying you can used grand cherokee studs. I think they are longer and will fit an xj. I want to say it was in a Crown Vic rear disc thread.

I just picked up Napa # 641-1116 the other day, haven't thrown them in yet. I went in looking for ZJ studs but the guy said that these ones would fit better? I'll let you know once I bang em in there.

Back